It’s no secret that muscle building is not just for the guys anymore. Women and men can both appreciate the benefits that lean muscle can give. Some people lift weights and build muscle for sport and for competition while others use it as an anti-aging strategy to keep their youthful physiques well into their 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. No matter what motivates you to start pumping iron, there are many secret benefits that will result from a good strength training habit.
1. Your body will be able to utilize the food you eat in a more productive way. With lean muscle mass the calories that you eat every day will partially go toward maintaining that muscle. This has benefits over those that have a sedentary lifestyle and less muscle to maintain. This means that you can eat more delicious tasting food without worrying as much about “counting calories”.
2. You can maintain a better posture. When you build muscle and include stretching into your fitness routine you will stay balanced. By avoiding a stooped posture you will look and feel younger.
3. Muscles are sexy. Face it; there is nothing attractive about wiggling in all the wrong places. You will feel it and it won’t feel good. Others will see it, and it won’t look good. With a little bit of muscle building you can maintain a fit body that you won’t want to cover up at the beach or pool.
4. Muscle building releases all those feel good hormones that your body needs. Staying active and staying positive mentally go hand in hand. Those that exercise maintain a better state of mind and can concentrate, stay focused, and have a better overall outlook on life.
5. Muscle building puts you in the company of some great minded, positive people. When you join this club of fitness enthusiasts you are surrounded by people that want to take care of themselves. Being immersed in this type of atmosphere gives you a unique perspective about taking care of “you”. It’s not seen as something selfish, but instead as something important. Building muscle helps you to build the person you want to be…no guilt necessary.
With these kinds of benefits to look forward to, there is really no reason to delay. You can join a gym, get equipment at home, and grab a workout buddy if you want. Any way that you choose to start is the best way. Stay motivated, stay healthy, and do something great for yourself today through muscle building.
Lori Pinkerton has made a career out of her passion—helping every woman, no matter who they are, create irresistible connections on their dates and ultimately find the love of their life—just like she did.